Wednesday, February 15

Fond Memories


One of the best memories I have with Kabao was our trip to Yellowstone National Park in 2004. We drove home without the kids because my mother wanted them as they detoured through Colorado. Kabao and I spent an entire day touring Yellowstone Nat'l Park, stopping every now and then to take in nature's beauty. I've never witnessed such a breathtaking, picturesque place in my life. There were fresh water streams filled with rainbow trouts, thunderous waterfalls cascading from rocks that's been there since creation, a superabundance of geisers and hot springs (they are scalding hot!), indigenous wildlife like the bison, and lush green pastures like you've never seen.

You always hear about these grand places from PBS or Discovery TV, National Geographic magazines, and scenic wallpapers we download from the internet. You know they exist in pictures, but until you've actually experienced it, you can't begin to comprehend its aura. I think love is a lot like that.

Memories like these will make the life ahead difficult.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fight with your might to keep the memories alive.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Vam Leej said...

Anonymous: Thanks for the encouragement.

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I have a magic wand and make things "right" for you and Kabao. Saib neb daim duab, koj twb tsis phim Kabao los tseem mus nrhia dej dag thiab lod.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Vam Leej said...

LOL @ rose. You always give me a hard time with this...and I know it's in good fun. Wait a min,...wasn't it you who told me that physical looks is shallow? Does "R" remind you of anthing? LOL. My journey has little to do with Kabao and finding my "soul mate". Actually, it stops at just "soul". :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home