Saturday, April 22

West Bound

More photos from my trip.

Me in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado heading west. This is a beautiful scenic stop site. Just behind me you can see a small stream evolving from the melting snow caps.



In the Rockies still. Love birch trees so much, I didn't care if it WAS at a gas station! LoL




Beautiful sunset as seen through my sun shades.



I would be blinded by the sun without these babies.



I love the backdrop here. It's so desolate and western.


Looking out west.




Salt Lake City, Utah sits almost in a bowl surrounded by mountains. The city is beautiful! Very clean and scenic. Here's a small park right next to the state capital. Love the colors.




The Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. This is not that far from Salt Lake City.





Apple blossoms at the Motel 6 where I stayed near Salt Lake City.




Who hasn't taken this shot with their digi cam?



This is a nice shot of Utah's landscape on Interstate 80. It's not as dry or boring as I thought it would be. Did some real deep thinking here.

Finally arrived in Cal. This is 2/3 of "Puddles Over Antarctica", my virtual band. We jammed a little in Stocton then went out to eat. Gossipped about HOL and PH people. LoL!


Got bored yesterday so went to the park and wrote a song. I think it sounds nice!! Will post a demo later.




Finally, my grandparents in Stockton, CA. When I greeted my grandfather at the hospital for the first time, I broke down crying. I haven't seen him in 4 years. When the entire family prayed, he prayed for me and my life (he heard about me and Kabao). I was so touched by his thought, I started to cry during prayer. He told me that if he was younger, he'd follow me across the states just to make sure I was safe. My grandpappa is so sweet. I will miss him dearly.

We just got word last night that his condition has gotten worse. Apparently, his neck and chest area is swelling from air that is escaping the lungs. With so many health complications and considering his age, doctors don't think he can make it. We may only have a few days. This could delay the rest of my trip but that's okay. It's family. Plan on being at the hospital all day today. It will be sad the next few days. Hoping for the best but expecting the worse.



1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather but also glad that you made it there to be with him.

Let me know when or if you will make it to FL.

-Cha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home