Thursday, April 27

The Best and Worst of Fresno

Wow, what an interesting 2 days I've had. On my first night in Fresno, my car was burglarized outside of my motel. They stole a bag of my clothes, misc wires and camera acessories and cables, books I wanted to read on my trip, and worst of all, all my Modern Talking, Blue System, and Bad Boys Blue original CD's that I've collected over the past 15 years. They are more than just the hard earn cash I paid for them; they have a lot of sentimental value. I felt so violated I just wanted to pack up and go back home. Equally disappointing was meeting a girl I have been communicating with for the past few weeks. Let's just say she's nothing like she portrays herself online. It's a lesson we all have to learn the hard way.

I had a much better day today. Spent most of the day with a good friend of mine, Steve, who is here in Fresno. We've known each other since my days with Hmong National Organization. We had a really nice open talk about women and relationships (how often does that happen between guys?). Went on his AM radio talk show (Hmong and Asian listeners) as a guest and commented on marriage & divorce in the Hmong community. It was fun! Played tennis afterwards...boy, did I need the workout since I last jogged in St. Paul! Then we went out for drinks and he introduced me to a friend (playing cupid). Wow,...instant chemistry. I'll just leave it at that. :)

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your unfortunate turn of event. Gosh, your Blue System CDs? Well, at least Steve was able to introduce you to a nice lady with instant chemistry.

Keep us updated on your trip.

How are you?

-Ka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home