Sunday, April 30

It’s almost midnight. I sit at a pool’s wayside at a motel in Sacramento, CA halfway across the country, feeling a little homesick. I’m up here with a friend for California’s Democratic Convention. Even though the people here are nice, I miss the familiar. I feel like I’m in a whole new world. This trip was supposed to be a soul searching journey – about life, career, school – but I’m not sure what it is anymore. I guess I’ve been introduced to one too many people, one too many city, one too many motels. Either that or I’m still pissed off that my car got jacked. I go to dinner events without proper shoes, socks, and belts (stolen). Goodness. Steve has offered to take me to Yosemite National Park tomorrow. I might just take his offer. Maybe I’ll continue to head up north to Oregon and round back home. I don’t know if I want to drive all the way to NC and NYC anymore. My stereo got busted and I don’t know if I even want to buy a new one. But that drive would be torture. I’m feeling pressed for time and, well, money. I have exceeded my budget. *sigh* And I haven’t even gone swimming with the fishes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home